We are so excited to share this collaboration with you, which will be featured in our new segment “Editors Pick”. We have teamed up with the prestigious Italian Designer Menswear Brand Canali.
For some of you who don’t know about Canali 1934, here’s a short bio from their website, called Canali Heritage
Canali was founded in Italy as a family-run business in 1934. It was an auspicious time for menswear, coinciding with the rise of the contemporary lounge suit and the emergence of the clean, sharp aesthetic of modernist design. From here on the brand grew and changed generations. The house was passed on in the 50’s to the second generation, where they strengthened the brands identity and place in the Italian market.
For our Editor’s Pick, we decide it was only fitting that we take a look at their Spring Summer 17 Collection and accessories. The collection featured sartorial tailoring using fine materials, embellish formal jackets, relaxed outerwear, luxurious soft leather bomber jackets and trench coats made from light technical fabrics. Tones of gray, beige, light blue, brown, white, sage green, red filled the collection.
While reviewing the SS17 show we had to highlight and pick out our favorite looks of the collection that caught our eye. Paired and accessorised well these picks are perfect for the Caribbean weather.
Each look was choosing specifically for different occasions and times of day. From day time meeting to Sunday brunch, the light fabrics are perfect for the cool Caribbean breeze. My favorite of the five looks has to be the Two-toned Jacquard polo shirt. Perfect for the heat and can transition well into the night. The linen and cotton fabrics are ideal for the hot Caribbean sun, but just warm enough for those cold office days. From the bright color tones in the pants and polo shirt to the mid-grays and navy blue in the suit and trousers, these colors are perfect for Spring Summer in the Caribbean.
Top separates than can be pared and accessorized with anything, that should be in your sartorial arsenal.
The Fall Winter season is upon us, so that means only one thing….Snow! With the cold weather barreling down in places like Europe and the US, Fashion Week is going to be a cold one. So we suggest you invest in a good coat, for those that are travelling for Fashion Week and want to stay stylish at the same time. We picked two coats from Canali’s current AW collection on their store site.
- The White and Black Houndstooth Coat. Perfect coat that will pair well with suits the same tone. Can also pair well with a roll neck merino roll turtleneck sweater.
2. The Blue Alpaca and Wool Coat. A must have coat for so many reasons. The double breasted feature on the coat adds a different style and look to coats. Adding this coat to your sartorial arsenal will definitely amp up your style, and be the talk around fashion week.
3.Cotton Blue and White Micro Check Shirt. A simple gingham shirt can go a long way. From your busy work schedule to a quick beer at the bar with some friends. The uses and styling are endless.
4. Suede Leather Brown Derby Shoes. You can never go wrong with a derby shoe, they are a must have. Along side Chelsea Boots, Tassel Loafers, Double Strap Monks, Derby shoes are essential.
5. The Navy Wool Taormina Chalkstripe Suit. You can never go wrong with a navy suit, especially one that’s elegant and this one. The chalkstripes on the suit really enhances the overall look of the suit. Taking it from an ordinary navy suit to a masterpiece even Michelanglo would love.
6. The Cream Merino Wool High-Neck Sweater. Perfect for the winter cold weather, as it can be paired with anything. From jeans and a coat to give that casual but yet, stylish enough to give that “European” Friday night stroll along the Duomo di Milano. It will also pair excellently with the Navy Wool Chalkstripe Suit and the Derby shoes, if you are attending a cocktail party at Canali or just a simple date night.
Don’t forget to head over to Canali’s website for more awesome pieces. You can view past runway shows (Fall Winter 2016, Spring Summer 2017) and their most recent showing in Milan (Fall Winter 2017) all on their website.